The Arizona Transportation Education Foundation (ATEF) was founded as a 501(c)(3) non-profit to operate exclusively for charitable, educational, research, environmental and/or scientific purposes. ATEF is a subsidiary of the Arizona Trucking Association.
The 501(c)(3) designation refers to a section of the Internal Revenue Code governing charitable, educational and other such tax-exempt foundations. While it operates as a subsidiary of Arizona Trucking Association, ATEF is a viable and independent entity. It has a separate set of bylaws, an independent Board of Directors and separate and distinct financial accounting system, as required by law.
There are distinct tax benefits to a 501(c)(3).
In addition to being exempt from income tax on activities related to its exempt purposes, a 501(c)(3):
- Is eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
- Is more likely to be eligible for grants from private foundations, corporations, and federal, state and local governments.
- May qualify for nonprofit postal permits
- May qualify for various state tax exemptions such as sales and use, personal property and real property taxes.
- Is allowed to issue tax-exempt bonds.
Meet Our Board of Directors
These men and women donate their time and energy to help improve the trucking industry.
Chairman of the Board
Transtar Insurance Brokers, Inc.
Baumann, Doyle, Paytas & Bernstein PLLC
Michael E. Jimenez
J & L Transportation, Inc.
Hurley Transportation Companies
Knight Transportation, Inc.
Thermo King West